IObit has released its beta version for its popular antivirus “IObit Malware Fighter 3.0” this includes new features, a larger antivirus database and some minor tweaks. These changes have been suggested by the community and many of them are found in similar antivirus products, but one of them stands out.
- Expanded database to remove over 1,000,000 latest adware, rogue ware, browser hijacker, etc.
- New generation engine for higher detection and more thorough cleanup.
- New Security Guard provides a more intelligent and comprehensive protection.
- New Browsers Protect to protect your homepage, search engine, online surfing and privacy data.
- New Plugin/Toolbar Cleaner to remove malicious browser plugins & toolbars.
- New Anti-Tracking to clear harmful tracking data.
- New DNS Protect effectively protects your DNS to ensure your account security.
- New Silent Mode to ignore notification, and reduce resource consumption.
- Supported Windows 10 Technical Preview.
The addition of the DNS Protect is one of the most interesting features found in the program as this means that it will protect your DNS settings from being changed by malicious programs. While many antivirus programs just aim to block the malware many of them fail to protect your DNS due to it not being able to detect the malware. This new feature is not only interesting it might be one of the few new things that have been implemented into the program.
There is no official testing for the effectiveness of the program, but with the addition of an improved database and these new features it might perform better than it has in the past.