Driver Booster is a great product that you should try if you have an aging computer.
Driver Booster is a freemium software that is developed by Iobit and it allows you to check for updates on your computer’s drivers. This software has both a paid and a free version and both will work well for updating your drivers. However, if you have the paid version you will have faster download speeds and more hardware will be supported.
Driver Booster Features
- Download and identify outdated drivers. Having the best drivers is not only key for performance but it is also a security hole if your drivers are out of date making sure that all your drivers are up to date is one of the best things you can do for your computer.
Driver Booster Pro Features
In addition to the ability to update your drivers, the pro version has even more features that can improve your PC.
- Tweaking drivers and software for gamers: Driver booster supports more than just drivers in the pro version you will also be able to download updates to a variety of programs including Java and Adobe Air. You will also receive updates to many other gaming software that is installed on your computer.
- Priority Download: You will be placed ahead in the download line if you are a pro version meaning that you will have a faster download speed than a free user.
- More Hardware Support: You will have access to a wider range of drivers than a free user to improve your performance even more.
- Backup and Restore: You will have a backup and will be able to reinstall your previous drivers in case of an error.
I have used Driver Booster on my personal computer and it found 2 outdated drivers on my PC. I installed the drivers without any issues and it saved me a lot of time. I have used it for a long time and it has become almost an irreplaceable tool for my toolkit when it comes to working on computers. I have never had any issue and I have never had a computer suffer from me installing drivers with this program.
Not All Drivers Need Updating
Some people think that just because the program has a warning that the driver needs to be updated. Many times it is simply not necessary, for instance, USB drivers are rarely necessary. However, on many laptops you may see that you are in need of a driver update for USB and these are minor issues and are not truly needed. Important drivers that you should install mostly consists of your Graphics Card, Network Adapter, and Audio Driver. Otherwise, you do not need to keep all of your drivers up to date.